Sorry, drive-in fans: Sonic got the most hate from Redditors, including lots of purported former employees, which is not a good sign. "I worked there, the hotdogs/chili have a chance of being 2+ days old, same with the gravy," said u/petty_witch. "You also better hope someone taught an employee how to clean the ice cream/slushy machines. If not, you might have a similar story to mine ... So one day, [the new manager] decided it was time to clean the ice cream machine and asked one of the employees from there to teach us. They didn't know how, so he went around asking, and no one who worked there knew how to clean it. So he gathered us around to teach us, he shut down the machine and opened it up. A cascade of ice cream mix and maggots came pouring down."
If that's not bad enough, lots of Redditors have experienced food safety issues at a Sonic. "Welp might as well add the time I got a chili dog from Sonic and noticed a strange color on the side while looking at, only to pick it up and reveal that the entire underside of the bun was covered in blue mold," said u/GDMFusername.
"So many Sonic comments. Makes me sad cuz I did used to like their food. Now I’m scared." Same, u/thePOVofExisting. Big same.
Related: Sonic's Revived Slush May Leave a Sour Taste in Your Mouth