Bonus: 2-Slice Toaster Worth a Little Extra
Est. Price: $32 | Buy it from Amazon
- Nice, even browning, experts and users report; longer cycles crisp, rather than burn, bread.
- Cancel, defrost, reheat, and bagel settings with illuminated buttons; 6 browning levels.
- Extra-large slots with self-centering guides; high-lift lever.
- Auto shut-off if bread jams in the slots.
- Removable crumb tray; cord storage.
- Stainless steel housing.
- 2-year warranty exceeds the norm.
- Recommended by consumer product experts for consistent toasting, ease of use, and overall performance.
- Top 5 finisher in TechGearLab testing.
- Heavier breads may need an extra cycle.
- Occasional inconsistency with regular bread and bagels.
- Scattered reports about disappointing results and malfunctions.
- Neglecting to run the toaster empty several times before putting it to use may allow unpleasant odors to seep into whatever is toasting.
- Lacks cool-touch housing.
Takeaway: The two-slice version of our pick for best four-slice toaster, the Krups KH732D50 earns stars from experts and consumers for notable performance and a solid set of useful features. Users admire its efficiency and good looks, set off by a sleek, brushed stainless steel skin. Tagged a smidge above our $30 cutoff for a two-slice toaster, this well-regarded model might appeal to consumers with a few extra dollars to spare.