Money can be stressful, but nothing quite matches the all-encompassing anxiety you get when there's no money to be had. "More money, more problems" was clearly coined by a wealthy capitalist who wanted to keep the little guy down, because it doesn't hold true when you're living paycheck to paycheck with kids to feed, elderly parents to care for, and collectors calling you at all times of the day. The best way to stay sane in that soul-crushing, down-and-out cycle is by adopting a healthy sense of humor and cackling at relatable Tweets like these, because sometimes you just have to laugh or else you'll go absolutely crazy.
when you ordering pizza and the mf with no money say "get wings" pic.twitter.com/aXl9RkSrwN— $𝔩𝔞𝔭☃️ (@slvppy) April 15, 2023
We all have that friend that never pays their fair share when everyone goes in on pizza — hell, maybe you are that friend. Chicken wings cost a fortune at pizza places, so unless they Venmo you that money right there, don't fall for it!
When I was young I had no money— 🇻🇦 Federalist Kin ☧ (@0FedKin) April 17, 2023
But after all these years I can say that I am no longer young
Getting old is hard. Getting old while broke is even harder. Everyone keeps talking about retirement savings, but we're going to work until we die.
Y’all scared of being single I’m scared of being broke— toxic king (@777jorgeivan) April 15, 2023
No one ever had a nightmare about being single (at least, not anyone we know), but you better believe people have woken up in a cold sweat about debt collectors.
being broke in grad school means 80% of my meals are two fistfuls of trail mix so the other 20% can be $40 of Uber eats— Kyle🤖🚀🦖 (@KyleMorgenstein) April 16, 2023
Grad schools are notorious for exploiting people for free or cheap labor. Might as well treat yourself to some delivery from Olive Garden once in a while, right?
Gallery: Hungry? Score the Best Value Meal Deals at These Chains
Being broke days after your pay day is an actual thing 🤣. https://t.co/blgWoByS3B— faith 🤎 (@_renaey_xx) April 16, 2023
Adulting sucks! You try to be responsible and pay all your bills after pay day, but then you're left with no fun money for the next month.
"Money can't buy happiness!"— Perry Srey (@theperrysrey) April 15, 2023
Ok, that may be true...
But being broke doesn't buy it either
GTFO with your platitudes.
Thieves just broke into my house to look for money 😭😭 I've joined them— Mr Black⁛ (@MrBlackOG) April 11, 2023
Always check in the couch cushions, and maybe in the dryer if someone left a couple bucks in their pants pockets. Finders keepers rules always apply.
me trying to save money— papi (@papicurl) April 11, 2023
also me being broke af: pic.twitter.com/4csr9oDflO
It's not easy being green, unless all that green is in your wallet.
Happy Sunday. Remember, being broke is having money … https://t.co/ThVoxTXH7z pic.twitter.com/85p9uyilJn— OGyourbaby (@ex_hourglass) April 16, 2023
Too bad it's not opposite day, because then you wouldn't be broke.
the bank account might be empty this morning but guess what else is empty?— Gladys (@gladys_ojelade) April 9, 2023
THE GRAVEEE! 💀
DEATH COULD NOT HOLD HIM DOWN! pic.twitter.com/yBePz1GqIv
If the only thing you've got going for you is that you're alive, well guess what? Grim Reaper ain't got shit and can come back another day. Empty wallet or not, another day above the ground is always a reason to celebrate.
For more funny stories and helpful tips about money, please sign up for our free newsletters.