There are a lot of things to say about the Chick-fil-A organization, many of them bad, but one thing is certain: People love that place. Despite some famously intolerant remarks and donations from CEO Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A’s popularity remains almost second to none. As with nearly every other fast food joint in the country, a bunch of teenagers from TikTok and Yelp have decided that Chick-fil-A has a “secret” menu made up of Frankenstein-style ingredients from the regular menu. Need help DIY-ing some secret menu items? Here are some popular Chick-fil-A hacks.
As always, folks, don’t be a jerk. Make sure this isn’t a huge hassle for the employees, and if you’re being extra complicated, tip well.
Spicy Chicken for Breakfast
Did you know you can add a spicy chicken patty to any breakfast item? You do now.
Root Beer Float
- Order a large root beer.
- Get some Icedream and combine.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Order a spicy chicken sandwich.
- Add Zesty Buffalo Sauce.
You remember this nightmare from KFC, right? Chick-fil-A has its own version, and you can recreate it pretty easily.
- Order two chicken sandwiches with cheese and bacon, but without the buns.
- Stick ‘em together.
Loaded Chicken Waffle Fries
- Ask for a 12-piece nuggets and a large waffle fries.
- Combine and top with some pepper jack cheese and Buffalo sauce.
Fried Chicken Club
- Order a grilled chicken club sandwich.
- Get yourself a fried chicken patty instead of a grilled chicken patty.
- Ask for some plain Icedream.
- Make a sandwich using two chocolate chunk cookies.
Spicy Char-Grilled Chicken Patty
Order a spicy chicken sandwich and sub the fried chicken for a char-grilled chicken patty.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Deluxe
- Add bacon and ranch dressing to a Chicken Deluxe sandwich.
Some claim that the Double Decker, a sandwich with two fried chicken patties and two slices of cheese, is something you can legitimately order by name. My local Chick-fil-A looked at me like I was speaking another language. I don’t think this is real, but I'm not going to stop you from trying to order it.
Double Cookie Milkshake
- Order a cookies and cream or vanilla milkshake.
- Grab a chocolate chunk cookie, tear it up into pieces, and mix into your shake.
- Order a plain bun (this is possible on the Chick-fil-A app).
- Add sliced cheese and have it toasted. And tip, tip, tip.
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Take a few nuggies.
- Mix them into a side of mac.
- Drench it in Buffalo sauce.
This isn’t a cute nickname. Apparently, some Chick-fil-A locations have dog treats on deck. Next time you’re in the drive-thru with your pup, try ordering off the secret menu for dogs.