If you've been on the fence about joining Walmart+, the retailer's answer to Amazon Prime, now's the time to do it. It's half price through Nov. 3.
The promotion reduces the annual membership fee to just $49. Another way to look at it is that you're getting six months of membership for free. It's a great deal and comes just in time for holiday shopping.
The membership program includes early access to Walmart's Black Friday Deals for Days event, which starts Nov. 7. As a Walmart+ member, you get first dibs on sale items seven hours before nonmembers get a chance, which might mean the difference between scoring a TC 55-inch 4K Smart Roku TV for $188 or not.
Are you ready for the holidays & all the festivities? Pause to see what the szn will bring. 🎄 pic.twitter.com/8d27gPPraK— Walmart (@Walmart) November 1, 2022
In addition to early Black Friday access, other Walmart+ perks include:
- Walmart Rewards: cash back on bestselling items including groceries, household goods, pet care, and other categories, to be put toward future purchases.
- Paramount+ Essential subscription for streaming ad-supported TV shows and movies.
- Free delivery of eligible items (not just groceries) from local stores on orders of $35 or more.
- Free next-day and two-day shipping of eligible items (not just groceries) from walmart.com with no order minimum.
- Ten cents off each gallon of gas at participating gas stations (including 12,000 Exxon and Mobil stations across the country, along with 2,000 Murphy's stations found only at Sam's Club and Walmart).
- Mobile scan-and-go program for contact-free checkout.
Those perks make Walmart+ a tempting alternative to Amazon Prime, especially if you tend to do most of your day-to-day shopping at Walmart anyway or just want the convenience of grocery pickup or browsing the store's aisles, something you won't get with Amazon.