They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but this TikToker is channeling her ire into something far more savory (and sizzling hot) after her ex-boyfriend — who's a chef — dumped her and stole her dog in the process. In a tale of heartbreak turned culinary reclamation, @pollypocketsy is spilling the beans on all her ex's restaurant-grade cooking secrets.
While the tea is piping hot, it still pales in comparison to some of the mouth-watering recipes and cooking hacks she's sharing on TikTok. If you've ever craved homemade bread but don't want to deal with the hassle of kneading, rising, and committing hours of your life to something that might turn out disgusting (or at least disappointing), then this one is for you.
@pollypocketsy Secret recipe 🤫 5 minute flatbreads . Full written recipe link in bio #flatbread #flatbreadrecipe #quickrecipes ♬ original sound - Pollypocketsy
5-Minute Flatbread Recipe: Like Magic, But Better!
In just five minutes, you'll be able to whip up flatbread that's so tasty, it'll have you feeling like the next Gordon Ramsey. There's no waiting around for dough to puff up here, and you don't have to work up a sweat by kneading it. But the best part? You don't even need an oven to recreate it. Here's the full recipe broken down, plus tips to help you get that same golden brown result:
For the Flatbread:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
For the Garlic Sauce (optional):
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pour water into a large mixing bowl and add flour, sugar, and salt. Add olive or vegetable oil and whisk until dough becomes thick, but not too watery. The ideal consistency should be similar to a pancake batter.
- Turn your stove to a low-medium flame and add a bit of oil to the pan.
- Mix olive oil, parsley, and garlic for the sauce. Using a ladle, scoop out your mixture and cook until it puffs up (about 60 seconds on each side). Use a brush to smear the garlic sauce onto the flatbread.
- Serve hot and top with whichever toppings you'd like such as hummus, cheese, cold cuts, pickled vegetables, etc. The world is your oyster!
Tips for the Perfect Flatbread
- Flour Power: All-purpose flour is the go-to, but if you don't have it on hand or want to opt for a healthier alternative, wheat flour should work as well.
- Hot Plate: Use a grilling pan to get those perfect char lines and even cooking throughout— about 75 seconds on each side should do the trick.
- Pan Swap: No grilling pan? No problem. A regular frying pan will work just fine, as demonstrated by the TikToker.
For more great recipes and money-saving hacks, please sign up for our free newsletters.
The Bottom Line
Next time you’re craving flatbread but don't feel like spending time or money, remember this recipe. It's your quick fix to bread bliss — perfect for dipping, scooping, or just devouring straight off the pan.
Lastly, shoutout to @pollypocketsy's sketchy ex-boyfriend — without whom we might never have learned this game-changing recipe from.