Ikea lovers, there's another reason to buy a bookshelf (or whatever else you need): It's offering a new way for shoppers to save more money. The home-furnishings chain just added perks to its Ikea Family program, a free loyalty club for shoppers. Members can now save 5% in-store on eligible purchases and also receive special pricing on some online delivery options. Ikea's Family program isn't new; it's been available in the U.S. since 2011 and includes perks such as a free hot drink when visiting the store, special product offers, and other benefits like:
- Access to Ikea's Buy Back & Resell service at 33 Ikea stores nationwide, which lets Family members sell back "gently used" furniture for store credit.
- Ikea Visa credit card, which allows customers to earn rewards in-store and on everyday purchases.
- Ikea Projekt credit card, where customers can pay off a large, single purchase over time.
Affordability & accessibility go hand in hand. 🤝 With every visit, IKEA Family members will now save 5% in-store on eligible purchases & receive special IKEA Family pricing on select delivery options online. Learn more about our IKEA Family benefits here: https://t.co/Gq7K2ccGTu pic.twitter.com/ho2EemLPUb— IKEA USA News (@IKEAUSANews) September 12, 2022
“At IKEA, it is always our ambition to offer quality and sustainable home furnishings to our customers at an affordable price,” said Javier Quiñones, CEO and chief sustainability officer of IKEA U.S., in a statement. “By enhancing our IKEA Family benefits, we are able to show greater appreciation for our customers in a meaningful way with everyday discounts while inspiring them to live a better everyday life at home.”
The origins of the Ikea Family program date back to 1984 in Sweden.
More from Cheapism:
- Secrets and Hacks for Shopping at Ikea
- Hardest Ikea Products To Assemble
- Ikea Foods Worth Buying – and Some Worth Skipping