Best Smart Garage Door Opener Under $200
Price: $198 | Buy it on Amazon
- Runs smoothly and quietly.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for smartphone control.
- Responsive to smart commands, users report.
- Remotes have an impressive 1,500-foot range.
- Comes with a wireless exterior keypad in addition to wall control.
- Safety features include robust code encryption, anti-theft lock protection, and reversing sensors to bring the door back up if something is in the way.
- Works with the HomeLink in-car remote control system.
- Top Ten Reviews Silver Award winner.
- Fee to use with home automation platforms.
- May need a compatibility bridge for some in-car remotes.
- Smart system works with only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connections, not 5 GHz.
Takeaway: With built-in Wi-Fi for seamless connection to mobile devices, the budget-priced Chamberlain Ultra-Quiet B550 is hard to beat. Users value the quiet, dependable performance of this belt-drive model with equivalent lifting power of 1/2 HP. The functionality of the MyQ app, which allows a smartphone to act as a remote, is an added boon. Features include status alerts for the door, vacation lock, and automatic closing times.